Successful scholarship candidates will enjoy the opportunity to experience and benefit from a rigorous international education in a culturally diverse environment.
Scholarship candidates are expected to show a record of excellent academic success, leadership potential and the ability to contribute to the school as a whole, together with an exceptional attitude to their studies.
SIXTH FORM ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIPS
For students applying to join our A Level program in August 2021.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Students of all nationalities
- Prospective and existing students of KIS
- Students who have an outstanding academic record and a strong command of written and spoken English
- Students who are passionate about learning
- Scholarships are not available to students whose fees are normally paid for by a sponsoring company
- Scholarships will provide for a reduction of between 25 to 75% in the termly school tuition fee
- The School Application Fee of RM800 applies to all prospective students submitting a Scholarship application. This fee is waived for existing KIS students who are applying for A Level.
- Scholarship students are expected to pay the Refundable Deposit and termly Development Fund Levy in full
- Scholarship students will be entitled to a discount on the Registration Fee (RM 1,000) and Capital Fee (RM 8,000) at the same percentage as the scholarship offered
- Any incidental education expenses throughout the school year, such as Accident Insurance, educational visits, textbooks (Years 12 & 13 only) and exam fees (Years 12 & 13 only), extra-curricular activities etc. will need to be paid for by the student
- Sixth Form Academic Excellence Scholarships are awarded for the duration of the A Level programme (2 years)
- All scholarships will be reviewed on a termly basis to ensure that attainment, commitment and behaviour are being maintained at the standard expected of an academic scholar. Scholarship awards may be withdrawn at any time if the student does not maintain the expected standards. At least one formal warning in writing will be given to the student and parents prior to the withdrawal of a scholarship. The scholarship will be immediately withdrawn in the event of late payment of any school fees
- The scholarship is not transferable and may only be taken up in the year offered.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Complete the KIS Scholarships Application Form and the Options Form
2. Write a Personal Statement of a maximum of 600 words. The statement should outline the applicant’s interests and achievements, and provide some indication of what they can bring to KIS.
3. Copies of the applicable supporting documents listed below:
- School reports from the last 2 years
- SPM / IGCSE results (predicted or actual)
- Copies of Awards and Certificates for academic and co-curricular achievement
- Passport sized photo of student and parents (external applicants only)
- IC / passport copies for student and parents (external applicants only)
4. A supporting letter from the candidate’s parents, which outlines why their child is a good candidate for the scholarship and why a scholarship will benefit the family financially
5. Payment of the RM800 non-refundable School Application Fee, if you have not already applied to the School.
Applications should be submitted to the School Office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org