Revision Guide for Mock Exams
Next term, Year 11 students will be sitting their mock examinations which is intended to guide them on how they can improve before their final IGCSE examinations. The examinations will start on the 7th January and finish on the 16th January. This can be a stressful time for students and many have difficulty settling down to a sensible study programme.
Preparing for examinations does NOT mean no social life, or that you have to revise all the time. It means being organised, focussed and disciplined.
Here are some quick tips for revision for examinations:
• Make a revision timetable well before your examinations, and stick to it.
• Revise in short sessions of 25 minutes. Then take a short 10 minute break before another 25 minute session on the subject.
• Going over your revision notes once is NOT good enough. You must revise your notes actively, which could involve rewriting them, making
flash cards etc.
• Vary your ways of revising. Use past papers, mind maps, revision websites, revision cards, posters on your wall, work with friends, record
key topic words on your MP3 or mobile, use highlighters and mapping.
• Test yourself on key words, key dates, key formulas, key diagrams.
• You can use time wisely. On your journey to school try studying your revision cards or notes.