The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) comprises of all KIS parents and teachers. The PTA is governed by the PTA Constitution and is administered by a Steering Committee that is elected, by the members of the association during the annual AGM.
Our Objectives are:
The PTASC fosters a welcoming and united International community which celebrates its diversity; enriches the lives of those in the KIS family; and champions progress and improvements.
The PTASC is committed to promoting a positive spirit within KIS that values and respects the diversity of our international community. We will be advocates for the needs of our school, parents, students, teachers and management; facilitate effective communication amongst stakeholders; and organize events and funding that enables our vision.
- Ensure that families new to KIS are welcomed and supported, thereby aiding in their sense of rapid inclusion into the KIS family.
- Unite families within our diverse community by organising social occasions for students, their families and staff; and in ways which celebrate our differing cultural backgrounds.
- Raise funds for additional items outside the responsibility or capacity of school to provide, and which will enrich the lives of our students and staff.
- Strengthen the partnership between the parents, students, teachers and management.
- Improve two-way communication between parents, students, families and teachers.
The Steering Committee (SC) holds monthly meetings. All members of the PTA are welcome to attend meetings. The meeting dates are posted on the school calendar and are announced in the Weekly Newsletter.
The Steering Committee welcomes all members to get involved with the PTA. Please attend meetings, share your ideas, make suggestions, offer to organise events or start new projects.
The PTA raises funds for school purposes. All members of the PTA, as well as the student body, can make an application for the PTA to fund a project, event or item.
The Class Ambassadors (CA) are an invaluable part of the PTA communication and social network. They assist the Steering Committee and teachers with sending and receiving information as well as arranging social gatherings for their class parents to meet off the school premises.
At the beginning of each academic year parents are asked to volunteer as a Class Ambassador for their child’s class / year group. If you do not know who your Class Ambassador is, a list of the Class Ambassadors is posted on the PTA noticeboard.
If you would like to volunteer to be a Class Ambassador (there may be more than one CA per class), please contact the CA Coordinator.
NEW FRIENDS OF KIS TEAM
The New Friends of KIS Team (NFT) is a multi-nationality team of parents that was established by PTASC in 2015.
The purpose of NTF is to help new families settle into the KIS community and KK. If you are new to KIS and have not met the New Friends Team, please contact NTF Coordinator.