AUGUST 2020 POSITIONS
- Teacher of English (Secondary)
- Teacher of Mathematics (Secondary)
- Teacher of Business Studies (Secondary)
- Class Teacher for KS1 (Primary)
- English Language Teacher (for beginners of English)
We are looking for excellent teachers with recognised teaching qualifications, a minimum of three years experience and for secondary subjects, a demonstrated success teaching the (I)GCSE and A Level programmes.
Applicants must be committed team players who are keen to contribute to the ongoing development of our busy, expanding and forward-looking school, and willing to play a full part in the school’s pastoral care and extra-curricular programmes. Excellent spoken and written English language skills are essential. Successful candidates will be offered a two-year contract
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, a recent passport photograph and the contact details of at least three referees (one of which must be your most recent Head of School). Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
Early applications are encouraged and KIS reserves the right to make an appointment before the published deadline if an exceptional candidate is found.
Jobs will be posted until positions filled.
WHY JOIN KINABALU INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL?
- An established, successful school with recent CIS
- A not for profit school, owned by our parent body
- A diverse, friendly and welcoming school community
- Committed, motivated and well behaved students
- Supportive parents
- Collaborative team environment
- Time and opportunity to focus on teaching and the needs of individual students
- Opportunities for Professional Development and Career Advancement
- Staff involvement in enrichment activities: Extra Curricular Activities, House Competitions, Charity Committee etc
- Monthly salary paid in Malaysian Ringgit, that can be easily sent home
- Overseas allowance to support living costs
- Start of contract airfare, baggage allowance, accommodation and temporary rental car on arrival for teacher and dependants
- Comprehensive Induction Programme, including assistance to find housing and a car
- Comprehensive Medical & Travel insurance for teacher and dependants
- 11% Pension (5% employer contribution, 6% employee contribution)
- No tuition fees for up to 4 school aged dependants (if applicable) to study at KIS
- Annual economy class flights for teacher and dependants between Kota Kinabalu and home
- Local and international professional development opportunities
- End of contract airfare home and baggage allowance for teacher and dependants
- Year-round warm and sunny tropical climate
- Safe, friendly and welcoming multi-cultural, multi-faith and multi-ethnic community
- Low cost, yet high standard of living in a tropical paradise
- World famous travel and leisure opportunities on your doorstep, including wildlife, mountains, beaches and rainforests
- Weekends can be filled with a wide range of outdoors activities: swimming, beaches, snorkeling and diving, jungle trekking, vast array of restaurants and a friendly KIS and local community to socialise with
- Cheap, easy and accessible travel around the region
Sabah in 1 Minute
Kinabalu International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, the Disclosure and Barring Services or relevant Police Authorities.