The PTA at KIS
Your PTA at Kinabalu International School is made up of:
- Every parent - including you! You are automatically a member when you join the school
- 8 parents on the Steering Committee
- 1 Board representative
- 2 teacher representative
- 2 student representatives
We welcome all parents to get involved. You can volunteer, share ideas and support the school in many ways.
Our goals are to:
- Organise fun, social occasions both for students, their families and staff
- Raise funds which will benefit our students and the school
- Provide a forum where parents, staff and management can discuss ways to improve the overall educational experience of our students
- Fundraising for three charities which the school supports
Monthly meeting and Steering Committee
We aim to hold Forum/Coffee Mornings on the first Friday of each new term, from 8am to 9am. The venue will usually be advised nearer the time.
If you are interested in joining the Steering Committee please let us know. We are always keen to have new members and you don’t need to have English as your first language.
If you have an idea for how PTA funding could be spent, please complete the form: 'Request for funding from the PTA'. We welcome suggestions from all sectors of the KIS community.
Information for new parents at KIS
> Download New Parents Welcome Document from PTA
Keeping up to date on PTA news
If you are unable to attend our meetings, you can find up to date information on our activities on the PTA board located at the bottom of the steps outside of the School Office.
We also include relevant articles and news in the school’s Weekly Newsletter, when appropriate.
Organised social events have included Mufti day, family fun at the beach, a disco and coffee mornings. We rely on parent support to run our events and always welcome new ideas and helpers. Many of our events help raise funds which are then used to benefit those at KIS.
Please come and be involved!
KIS is appealing to all parents to volunteer to assist in our reading program. Volunteers will be allocated to classes F2 - Year 6. (As we read with our own children at home, parents will not be assigned to their own children’s classes.)
What will your commitment entail?
- 1 - 2 sessions per week, 1 hour per session
- You can Choose your Session Time (any hourly block from 8 am – 2 pm)
- Commitment - You can choose to commit for a Half Term or a Full Term
Please contact Shirley Yu (012 828 0093) if you have any questions or to confirm your commitment to this wonderful opportunity.
Talk to us
You can speak to any member of the PTA or contact the PTA Chair Shirley Yu (012 828 0093).