- Cheque or bank draft in Ringgit Malaysia to be made payable to ‘Kinabalu International School’.
- Credit card facility is available subject to an administration fee of 1.8% – Master Card, 1.8% – Visa Card, 3.18% – American Express.
- Payment into Kinabalu International School account using cash or cheque, please inform the school by phone, fax or e-mail. Attach a copy of your bank-in slip so that your payment can be verified accordingly.
- Bank Transfer or Online Banking: Please quote the invoice number when paying via this method. The bank slip must be submitted to the school office in exchange for an official receipt.
All applications (excluding First Steps) must be complete and submitted with the RM 800 application fee before they will be processed. All requested supporting information must be included with the application.
Kinabalu International School reserves the right to revise the terms and conditions herein from time to time as it sees fit.
School fees are strictly due and payable in advance before the date of admission and/or the first day of each term. Unpaid fees will incur a late charge of RM10 per school day per student.
Students Excluded or Suspended from the School
No fees will be refunded to students who are excluded or suspended from the school.
In the event of any likely delay or potential non payment, please help us to help you by communicating immediately and in person with the school Principal to ask for extenuating circumstances to be considered and to determine an appropriate course of action. In the event of a substantial delay in payment KIS reserves the right to refuse entry to, or remove any student from School for whom fees are not paid in accordance with the fee regulations. A student may not start a new term if the previous term’s fees are unpaid.
A 5% discount will be applied if full payment of the whole year’s Tuition Fee and School Development Fund Levy is made on or before the 1st day of Term 1, i.e. 23/8/2017.
The discount is only valid should the student attend school for the whole year.
Should the student withdraw from school anytime during the 2017/2018 school year, a half term pro-rata refund of the Tuition Fee minus the full 5% discount will be given (provided the terms of withdrawal as stated below have been met). The 5% discount will not be included in any refund.
School Development Fund Levy (minus 5% discount) will only be refunded for future 2017/2018 school terms, e.g. if a student leaves anytime during Term 2, the School Development Fund Levy paid for Term 3 (minus 5% discount) will be refunded. There is no half term pro-rata refund on the School Development Fund Levy.
This discount only applies to academic year 2017/2018.
A minimum of six weeks’ notice is required for the withdrawal of students from school. Failure to comply with this may mean that the school is unable to fulfill its obligations towards the student before he/she leaves, including the writing of school reports and transfer documentations requested by parents and/or their next place of education.
Pro-rata Tuition Fees
- A new student commencing school after the sixth week of a school term is entitled to pay half of the term’s fees.
- Students withdrawing from KIS part way through a term are required to pay the following fees:
- Withdrawal within 0-6 weeks of the start of term: half-term fee
- Withdrawal more than 6 weeks after the start of term: full term fee
- NB: All other fees are non-refundable
- Ex-KIS students or visiting students can visit the school and stay in class if space and commitments allow. This is subject to a written application from the parent/guardian to the Principal. Where it is for more than one day a pro-rata fee will normally be charged. All requests are subject to approval from the Principal.
- 1 day: no fee
- Exceeding 1 day: pro-rata per week based on a three-month term
- A student who leaves school but who may return in the future can pay a RM250 one-off retention fee which will entitle them to pay only 1/3 of the capital fee on returning within one year from their last day of school or 2/3 of the capital fee upon returning within the second year. The full capital fee will be payable for students returning within the third year or later.
- Written notice is required for this scheme, failing which the student will pay the full capital fee.
- Paying this one-off retention fee does not guarantee a student a place in a class, which is strictly subject to availability at the time of re-enrolment.
- The Principal and Board of Management, however, reserve the right to review each case on an individual basis on receipt of a written request to do so from the parents.